Friday, April 11, 2014

So, it has been a while since my last post, but I have been getting ready for this beautiful Spring! I am so thankful to be a homeowner this year and am excited to attack my yard with a vengeance. I have so many plans and ideas. There is a front garden bed that was already there that is at this moment blooming some very lovely daffodils. However, there is a cedar tree and 2 other evergreen shrubs that I really just don't think are very pretty, so, my wonderful daddy is coming this weekend to use his truck to pull them out for me. In place, my wonderful husband, bought my early birthday present of 3 boxwood, 3 pink knockout roses, and a lilac bush. Eventually, I want to get either a snowball bush or a mock orange to put on the corner of the house. Does anyone know which bloom longer or maintain "greenness" longer? For my back yard, we have gotten some railroad ties for my garden and this Saturday I am borrowing the rototiller from my dad and getting a big load of compost. I will be planting soon. From my seedlings, I am rosemary growing, 3 different types of tomatoes came up, and so far 1 little pepper sprout. The Spearmint never came up. I will plant direct sow Basil, Peas, and Carrots. Apparently the people that lived here before us didn't take real good care of their yard so there are a lot of patches and I will need to spread some grass seed. They also "planted" a carpet near the maple tree, so last week I spent much energy cutting most of it out of the ground. It was quite a hard job. So, for my dad on Saturday, I have a large grass covered rug for him to load off to the dump, a pile of rocks, and 2 extra railroad ties, as well as 2 extra shrubs, and 2 trees if we get them in time. They may be for another day. I think eventually I will need to buy a truck. I am always having some sort of project up my sleeve. Kip has liked this weather and being able to go outside and play with sticks. He has also been learning a few new things. He has started learning to match like colors. Below he plays "dress up" in a homemade cape. Day 20 of Creative Play is playing dress up and since we didn't have a lot of costumes, I thought he could be a "super hero" for a bit. This didn't last long though, because we decided to go out with Daddy, so the cape came off. He also started doing a scooping project. The first time I tried this was probably a couple months ago. I gave him 2 bins, one with white and wanted him to scoop the rice from one bin to the next. In a matter of seconds rice was dumped and sent all over my kitchen. This time I used hard macaroni and actually did it! I was so impressed.

1 comment: